Converting Decimal to Binary
The video below gives a step by step guide on how to convert decimal numbers into binary code using the ‘divide by 2’ method.
Here’s how it works:
- Divide the decimal number by 2.
- If the number will not divide equally by 2, then round down the answer to the nearest whole number (integer).
- Keep a note of the remainder, it should be either 0 or 1.
- Keep repeating the above steps, dividing each answer by 2, until you reach zero.
- Write out all the remainders, from bottom to top. This is your binary solution.